Since being founded in 1945, The Kahn Companies are a privately held technical product manufacturer that sell products including pneumatic, hydraulic, and electronic equipment.
The Kahn Companies are both international and local in sales and representatives, like the Del Rio Company. Their market includes general manufacturing firms and extends to a wide variety of industrial customers, including the aerospace, electronic, petrochemical and process industries.
In further evidence of Kahn’s outstanding reputation for high reliability, every commercial nuclear power plant in the U.S. uses Kahn air dryers for various air systems, including the emergency backup start systems.
Kahn pioneered the use of ceramic substrate sensors to meet the need for accelerated response and for measuring dew points in mildly corrosive gases.
The result is a ceramic sensor that not only provides the fastest documented response to dew point changes, but also uses a sintered ceramic base material and innovative film deposition techniques to improve chemical and mechanical resistance to corrosive gases.
All ceramic sensors are:
- Fully interchangeable.
- No need for hygrometer recalibration.
Cermet II Hygrometer
This instrument is continuous and on-line instrument that measures the absolute moisture content in gas.
Designed to operate in various conditions, the Cermet II hygrometer provides control of moisture in gases. There are two parts – monitor and sensor – that individually calibrated, making it completely interchangeable.
- Covering the ranges -100° C to +20° C dew point (-148° F to +68° F dew point).
- User-friendly display selections for hygrometric.
- Dual alarm relay contacts are provided which are user configurable both in terms of setpoint and operating mode (i.e. NC or NO).
- One or two additional relays can be fitted with Form A type contacts (optional).
- Standard and factory set output, but has optional output level changes.
- Ability to scale pressure to appropriate engineering units.
With a product line of over 50 standard dynamometer models and a large number of special purpose designs, Kahn Industries is the only American-owned manufacturer producing a complete offering of dynamometers to measure and absorb the power output of virtually any prime mover.
Information in the blog is provided by Kahn.